Theme ‘What I call beautiful.’
Competition Rules & Regulations:
- This competition is open for young writers in the following categories:
- Age 11- 14
- Age 15-18
2. Each applicant can submit upto two entries.
3. Topic: The topic of the competition is What I call ‘beautiful’.
4. Format: Entries can be in the form of an essay, short story or letter.
5. Word Limit: The word limit for this competition is 1000-1500 words.
6. The deadline to submit the entry is 15th November, 2017
(a) Submissions must be emailed as the body of the email and also as an attached word document file.
(b) Schools/ institutions sending in entries can email entries on behalf of the students
(c) All entries must be emailed to email@example.com, clearly marking the subject line ‘SYLC Writing Competition 2017’.
(d) All entries must clearly state the candidate’s name, age, name of institution and country of residence. Register online by filling the Registration Form.
8. Registration fee: The registration fee for the competition is USD 15 (Pak Rs. 1500) per participant. See payment methodology here.
9. All entries must be the writer’s own work. Any entry found to be plagiarized will be disqualified
10. The decision of the judges will be final. Seplaa Young Leaders’ Club bears no responsibility for the adjudication of this competition. Judges are external adjudicators selected from industry experts with minimum 10-15 years of experience.
11.Awards for Winners:
- All participating students will get a certificate of participation from the Seplaa Young Leaders’ Club. Separate charges apply if a hard copy of the certificate is required.
- The Top 100 entries will be published in an e Book and will be available as a published book of short stories by March 2018.
- The Top 20 shortlisted candidates will be given an exclusive online session on ‘Writing Skills’ with expert writers, editors and publishing experts from the industry.
- The Top 3 winners will be awarded ‘Certificates of Merit’ and special prizes.
- Please email entries along with registration fee submission details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please remember to fill the application form and/or send us the following information: name of student, age, class, title of writing name of institution, country of residence.
- Entries coming from Partner Schools will be collected by the SYLC Team from the school.
- To register or for further information please email us at email@example.com or message us at the SEPLAA Young Leaders’ Club Facebook page.